Annual Fund Officer
Washington & Jefferson College seeks a highly motivated development professional to fill the position of Annual Fund Officer. The successful candidate will plan and direct the annual giving program of soliciting gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff, and other constituents to increase participation and support. This position will require close work with all members of the college’s advancement team, including development and alumni relations staff. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Development and Alumni Relations, this position is part of the College Advancement office which is an integral part of a goal-oriented, detail-focused and collaborative college environment dedicated to its alumni and students.
• Implement and manage annual fund operations to solicit contributions from alumni, parents, faculty and staff, students, and friends of the College to maximize giving and increase giving participation rates.
• Develop annual giving strategic plans and calendar of activities, operating within a sound budget.
• Develop metrics for determining program effectiveness and progress toward goals.
• Responsible for the design/message and creation of all annual giving materials, including print and electronic communications, web-based information, and phonathon messaging.
• Manage a small portfolio of major gift prospects and donors, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni and parents capable of supporting the College with gifts of $10,000 and above.
• Manage coordination of parent fundraising strategies and young alumni fundraising strategies, and in coordination with Alumni Relations Director coordinate student fundraising strategies and reunion fundraising strategies.
• Effectively develop relationships and manage alumni and parent annual fund volunteers.
• Supervise Annual Fund Coordinator.
• Attend conferences and professional development workshops as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years successful fundraising experience.
• Ability to be efficient and work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in a group setting.
• Demonstrated strategic organization and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated skills in clear and effective communication, both written and verbal.
• Well-organized; strong attention to detail and follow-up.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, donor database and web-based systems.
• Ability to travel to visit alumni, parents and friends in local, regional and national geographic areas.
• Must have use of a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
• Available for work on weekends and evenings as needed.
Applicants should send via email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the Apply Now button.
Washington & Jefferson College is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.