Responsible for the full range of skilled plumbing work including the installation, maintenance, inspection, modification, remodel ,and repair of mechanical plumbing equipment and fixtures for water, gas, oil, steam, sewage, fire sprinkler/ prevention systems, and repair of food service equipment. Work may involve exposure to hazardous materials.
1. Maintain troubleshoot and test plumbing systems.
2. Assemble, install and repair pumps, pipes, fittings and fixtures.
3. Cut, thread and weld pipes.
4. Assemble and install valves, pipefittings and pipes composed of a variety of metals and materials.
5. Maintain campus swimming pool piping.
6. Manage lab utilities.
7. Advise on the selection, ordering and storage of plumbing equipment and supplies.
8. Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations.
9. Inspect related work performed by contractors.
10. Assists supervisor with estimating cost of time and materials, for plumbing projects.
11. Participate in the maintenance and operation of campus systems.
12. Maintain and service tools and equipment used in the performance of duties.
13. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
14. Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
15. Maintain records and retrieve date related to work performed using manual and/or computerized record-keeping systems.
16. Consult and work with other trades workers to enhance the overall operations of systems.
17. Monitor, test and chemically treat potable and/ or not-potable water systems.
1. Additional job related duties as required by the supervisor.
2. Assist in loading and unloading trucks during major moves as required.
3. May use College vehicles to drive to work site.
1. Journeyman level of skill.
2. High School graduate or equivalent
3. Must be able to read schematics and blueprints.
4. Requires thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the plumbing trade.
5. Base knowledge of the operation of building automation systems.
6. Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal health and safety orders and regulations pertaining to the plun1bing trade.
7. Must be a registered plumber with the city of Washington or any county with reciprocity with the city of Washington, as well complying with all requirements regarding electrical training
appropriate for a plumber.
8. Must be certified in the use of acquaplex.
9. Must be certified to work on equipment in a food service operation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS-- Must be able to:
Lift up to 60 pounds
Ability to push and pull
Walk up to 8 hours per day
Climb ladders and stairs
Able to use basic hand tools
Work both indoors and outdoors
Work in confined spaces
Must be able to work at heights in excess of 20 feet
Note: Any employee currently holding this position on or before April J, 2002 shall be deemed to possess the necessary minimum qualifications and physical requirements. However should federal, state, or local laws or regulations require additional training or certification, incumbents will be required to meet the revised minimums.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Troy Bonte, Director of Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 235 E. Maiden Street, Washington, PA 15301.