First built in 1955, the renovation and naming rights of the Swanson Tennis Courts occurred in the spring of 2001. The courts are adjacent to the Henry Memorial Gymnasium. It has two fenced-in sections, each holding two courts that are the home sites for the women’s tennis team in the fall and men’s tennis team in the spring. The four courts have recently been resurfaced and painted. There are locker rooms and restrooms located in Henry Gymnasium for the use by both teams and spectators.
No lights are on the courts so all matches are played during the afternoon or morning hours. The courts are also made available to other students and season pass holders. The hours of operation are during normal daylight hours.
Directions to the Janet L. Swanson Tennis Courts
From Interstate 70 East, take the Beau Street exit (Exit 20). Follow signs toward Washington & Jefferson College. Follow straight through first stop light. At the second stop light (Lincoln Street), make a right. The Janet L. Swanson Tennis Courts will be on the left side of Lincoln Street next to the Henry Memorial Center.
GPS Location: 60 South Lincoln Street, Washington, PA 15301