All current pre-health students are asked to register...
- The schedule of student meetings for Fall 2013 is available in the Events section of the Pre-Health website (click the link to the right). Please mark these meetings in your calendar.
- On-campus and off-campus events are also listed in the Events section (click the link to the right).
- For information about the Temple Medical Scholars Program, click on the "Health Professions School Affiliations" link to the right. Please read the information in detail, including the section on the Application Process that describes the entire timeline (and deadlines) for applications.
- The current (2013) edition of the Pre-Health Newsletter is now available. The newsletter this year contains information about acceptances for last year's applicant pool and information about the new MCAT exam.
Students preparing for admission to graduate schools in the health professions may elect to major in any discipline. If they wish to be recommended to professional schools by the Committee on Health Professions, they should register with the Committee on Health Professions as early as possible, and maintain that registration during their undergraduate preparation. The committee provides recommendations for applicants to health-professional schools in the fields of allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, podiatric medicine, optometry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or physician assistant studies. To secure a recommendation from the committee, in addition to the requirements of a major, a student must successfully complete the 10 to 13 courses in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, English, psychology or sociology as designated for their chosen career goals in the Student Pre-Health Handbook.
The College has agreements regarding admission of qualified students to the Temple University School of Medicine; the Chatham University School of Physical Therapy; the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University; the Saint Francis University Department of Physician Assistant Sciences; and the Chatham University Program of Master of Physician Assistant Studies.
- The Pre-Health Library is located in Swanson 300C. The room is accessible whenever Swanson is open. The room contains reference books about different health professions, information about schools, etc.
- The Pre-Health Bulletin Board is located at the end of the hallway on the ground floor of Swanson. The board contains information about health professions schools, the MCAT exam, etc.
- Pre-Health Handbook (Printed copies available in the Pre-Health Library) - NOTE: Changes made to affilation agreements with health professions schools during the academic year are noted at the "Health Professions School Affiliations" link to the right. Please access that webpage for up-to-date information on changes made to the agreements.
- Pre-Health Newsletters (paper copies available in the Pre-Health Library)
- The W&J Committee on Health Professions now has an agreement with Kaplan Test Prep for an MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT, and GRE test prep discount. See the "MCAT and other standardized tests" section under "Resources for Current Students" for more information or contact the Chair of the Committee on Health Professions with questions.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 724-503-1001, x 3355.