2014-2015 Resident Assistant Application now
Winter Break Closing & Intersession/Spring Opening Information
Finals Week Information
• Finals will begin on Monday, December 9th and end on Saturday, December 14th. During the final examination period, 24 hour Quiet Hours will be in effect.
• Students are to leave for winter break, 24 hours after their last final. Any violation of policy, as stated in the Student Handbook, may result in dismissal after student’s last final.
• Residence Halls will close at 10a.m. on Sunday, December 15th.
• Students are not permitted to stay past the deadline; violation of this policy may result in a late stay charge.
• Students, who may be moving out at the end of the semester, will need to contact The Office of Residence Life. For information about the check-out process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Before leaving for Winter Break, all students must:
-Close and lock all windows
-Close all blinds
-Remove all personal items from the bathroom
-Remove any perishable items from the room
-Carry all room trash to the dumpster located outside the building
-Turn off lights
-Unplug everything except refrigerator
-Lock room door
-Sign the Winter Break To Do List on room door
Important Information Regarding Intersession Move-In
• Returning students enrolled in Intersession classes and with other campus-related commitments may return to campus at 2:00pm on Wednesday, January 1, 2014. In-season student-athletes should consult their coaches for further information regarding return times.
• Students enrolled in Intersession classes and with other campus-related commitments who are joining us for the first time this academic year including those who were abroad during the fall semester and transfer students may report to the Office of Protection Services to retrieve check-in information and room key.
• Students who are interested in returning to campus for Intersession, the Office of Student Life will be emailing a survey during the last week of classes. Students may indicate at that time, if they are planning on returning to campus for Intersession.
Important Information Regarding Spring Move-In
• Returning students enrolled in spring classes may return to campus at 2:00pm on Tuesday, January 28, 2014.
• Students enrolled in spring classes who are joining us for the first time this academic year including those who were abroad during the fall semester and transfer students may report to the Office of Residence Life at 10:00am on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 to initiate the residence hall check-in process and retrieve their room key. New students arriving after 5:00pm will pick-up their keys and check-in materials at the Office of Protection Services located on the Lincoln Street side of Old Main Hall.
The Office of Residence Life supports the Mission of Washington & Jefferson College: to graduate people of uncommon integrity, competence, and maturity who are effective lifelong learners and responsible citizens, and who are prepared to contribute substantially to the world in which they live. We advance the development of skills, knowledge, personal qualities, and a worldview that characterize a well-educated person.
We join our partners in the Office of Student Life in promoting student success through campus and community engagement in a residential, liberal arts college setting. We value Respect, Transformation, Connection, & Purpose. Our Goal areas include Student Development, Community Development, Holistic Learning, Diversity, Responsibility & Integrity, and Professional Excellence. Click to learn more about the Mission, Values, & Goals of the Office of Student Life.
Our student team of Resident Assistants(RAs) is an integral part of Residence Life and students' experience at W&J. RAs build and maintain strong communities in the residence halls and serve as community resources. They are trained to help students answer questions, resolve roommate conflicts, refer students to campus services, and make the most of the W&J experience.
The Office of Residence Life is located on the upper-level of the Rossin Campus Center. Offices are also located on the first floor of Mellon Hall and in the First-year Resource Center in Alexander Hall. You can reach a staff member by calling 724-229-5120 or via email: email@example.com.
Residence Life Staff
Note: The Office of Residence Life uses Facebook and Twitter for the purpose of helping students make campus connections and to share important information about Office events, programming, and processes. In "liking" and "following" us your profile information may be viewed by other parties. The Office of Residence Life is not responsible for information available to others in accordance with your personal privacy settings. We strongly encourage you to utilize the appropriate privacy settings to secure your interests.