Abernathy Field Station
Abernathy Field Station (AFS) is a 57-acre parcel of land located conveniently just five miles from campus. This ideal outdoor classroom encompasses many different ecosystems including mixed deciduous forest, a stand of conifers, several springseeps, two larger perennial streams, a wetland, and a mowed field. These habitats support diverse assemblages of birds, salamanders, fishes, small …
The Admission offices at W&J are inside the Admission House, located on Wheeling Street in Washington. The Admission House is a beautiful, Victorian-style mansion built in 1894. Although converted into many offices, much of the original décor and architectural integrity has been restored and is intact. Learn more about admission to W&J
Barron P. McCune Alumni House
The Barron P. McCune Alumni House is another Victorian-style home that the College acquired in 1989. Prior to becoming the Alumni House, it was used as an upper-classmen living residence. It now houses the Alumni Engagement Office. Many of the original elements of the house survive today, including the mahogany-paneled study room and the walnut-paneled …
Campus & Public Safety Office
The Department of Campus & Public Safety is located in part of historic Old Main, facing the Rossin Campus Center.
Clark Family Library
The Clark Family Library houses an open collection that includes more than 200,000 items in print, microfilm, audio and video formats. Operating hours for the library adjust throughout the year in an effort to give students more study time.
Davis Memorial Hall
Built in 1848 as a family mansion, and remodeled by the College in 1947 for academic purposes, this building houses the Department of English staff.
Dieter-Porter Life Sciences Building, or DP, is home to the Biology and Psychology departments. Students use the laboratories to conduct research projects. The greenhouse on the third floor allows students to research in an experimental space.
Henry Athletic Complex
The gymnasium, originally built in 1970, is a state-of-the art facility with 1,000 new bleacher-style seats, a refurbished floor, HVAC, and offices for the athletic director and sports information director.
Howard J. Burnett Center
The Howard J. Burnett Center opened to students in the fall of 2001. It is a state-of-the-art learning facility and is named in honor of the man who served as college president from 1970 to 1998. The Burnett Center is a 57,000 square-foot building that stands three stories high with a functional lower level. It houses …
John A. Swanson Science Center
Opened in 2010, Swanson Science Center is dedicated to the physical sciences, including Physics and Chemistry. The building offers wet and dry laboratories, research and classroom space, and break-out spaces.
McMillan Hall, built in 1793, is the oldest building on campus. In fact, it’s the eighth oldest academic building in the United States. At one point it served as the only building for what was then known as Washington Academy. McMillan Hall is named after college founder and Presbyterian missionary John McMillan and in 1977, it …
New Residence Hall
New Residence Hall, or New Res, offers a suite-style living option primarily for students in their junior and senior years.
The iconic towers are hard to miss. In the evenings, students use the unoccupied classrooms for group studying or meetings. Several departments call Old Main home including History, Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology, and Mathematics.
Olin Fine Arts Center
Olin Fine Arts Center includes classrooms, offices, the Olin Fine Art Gallery, and a fully-equipped 488-seat auditorium. Olin hosts many events throughout the year. These events include professional shows and student-run productions. The Art and Music departments utilize this space, as does the Theatre concentration under the Communication Arts Department.
Rossin Campus Center
Rossin Campus Center is, as the name suggests, a center of campus life. It holds the campus store, meeting rooms, and many campus offices and services.
This state-of-the-art facility provides students and faculty computing and technological resources such as computer workstations, a Global Learning Unit, ‘smart’ classrooms, and seminar rooms. It also has an open lounge for studying.
Home to the Commons Cafe, X’Prez’O, and a variety of campus meeting spaces, the Commons truly is a common space for the W&J College Community.
Built in 1905, Thompson Hall served as the first unified library of W&J. It is adorned on the outside with Memorial Library and the names of many historical and literary figures. Thompson Hall currently houses the offices of the Registrar, Academic Affairs, Business and Finance, and Human Resources and is located adjacent to Old Main.