Osteopathic (D.O.) medicine is distinctive in that it was founded on the concept of wellness based on the healthy interrelationship of all body systems. While it also uses the standard medical treatments, manipulative treatment is included in the training. In most regions of the USA, allopathic practice is indistinguishable from osteopathic practice, with similar internships and residencies. Osteopathy has a greater emphasis on primary care, while a higher percentage of allopaths complete specialties or participate in research.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association
- Brief Guide to Osteopathic Medicine (written by students for students, from AACOM)
- Osteopathic Medicial Student Profiles (Excellent resource that describes the lives and paths of a number of osteopathic medical students)
- Osteopathic Medical College Information Book