Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Administrative Assistant provides support for and manages the primary student services of the Student Health and Counseling Center. The AA assists staff with scheduling, outreach programs, events, marketing, training, and services as the receptionist and public representative for the SHCS. This is a 9 month position when students are in session.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Initial point of contact and representative of the Student Health and Counseling Services for students, staff, faculty, visitors, and outside vendors that come to the Student Health and Counseling Center.
- Serve as the administrative coordinator for the CARE Team
- Conduct reception and registration functions for students visiting health and counseling services, assuring respectful, welcoming, and confidential student reception.
- Provide support and work directly with staff members and trainees to maintain scheduling of student care and outreach programming through online scheduler, electronic medical record EMR, and College scheduling systems.
- Answer telephone, screens calls, and relay messages attending to student- centered care, prompt service and ethical requirements.
- Administrative office duties, including mail, requisitions, helping with budget management for the office, maintaining inventory, ordering office equipment and supplies for the Center as needed.
- Assist with creation and distribution of publicity for Student Health & Counseling Services programs.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with campus departments such as Student Life, Residence Life, Information/Technology Services, Food Service, Campus & Public Safety, Facility Services, Business Office, etc.
- Provide support to Health Services as needed when students need transportation, ambulance services, or in other situations requiring prompt communication.
- Providing reception for emergency situations and counseling Urgent Care hours with students in crisis, expressing strong emotion in a caring, calm, and professional manner.
- Maintain the Titanium EMR calendar keeping all staff schedules up-to-date with appointments/meetings, sending weekly appointment reminders, and assuring integration of online scheduler and Outlook appointments for all staff.
- Coordinating medical records of incoming new first year students each year at orientation, working with the Gateway system.
- Maintain and update Health & Counseling Services website and calendar of events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills verbal and written and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies - both internally and externally.
- Adaptability for changing situations and ability to multi-task.
- High school graduate or equivalent, some college level coursework preferred.
- Secretarial experience and experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Proficiency and understanding of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to quickly learn other software applications
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and organize standard office procedures.
- Communicate students' concerns to Health and Counseling staff as warranted, including making a non-professional judgment about what situations seem urgent.
This position does not require any supervisory duties.
- Help students feel at ease during their visit to the Student Health and Counseling Services.
- Establish good relationships with students who visit the center on a weekly basis for either Health or Counseling Services.
- Handle telephone calls from students, staff, faculty, and parents with great sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Be an empathic listener, making sure each student that visits the Student Health and Counseling Center know that they are important to us.
- Establish a good working relationship with new counseling staff and trainees. Enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.