Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Administrative Specialist for Academic Affairs will support faculty by assisting with administrative duties. The Administrative Specialist in Swanson & Dieter-Porter will also be responsible for assisting the Office of Academic Affairs with ongoing work. This is a 12-month position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general office administrative duties including keeping the copiers operational and filled with paper, ordering, and maintaining office supplies, proofreading documents exams, syllabi, recommendation letters, etc., organizing and distributing materials for faculty committees, and monitoring budgets
- Assist with interview scheduling, campus visits, candidate itineraries related to faculty recruitment
- Coordinate special projects
- Complete requisitions and expense reports as needed
- Provide technical assistance on computer and office equipment to faculty and other college personnel
- Greets students and campus visitors, in person or on the telephone, and answers or refers inquiries as appropriate
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Supervise, mentor, train, and delegate assignments to student workers
- Support Professors Emeriti
- Schedule group meetings on Zoom and/or Teams
- Update webpages with WordPress
- Book meetings and conference rooms using 25Live
- Proctor exams upon request
- Regularly assist with operations in the Office of Academic Affairs
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor's in business or related field preferred
- Ability to type accurately at 60-65 wpm
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to positively interact with faculty, students, and staff members
- Good spelling and grammar skills, telephone manners, and organizational skills
- Conscientious, dependable, and flexible
- Preferred knowledge of Sakai, Colleague, 25Live, and WebAdvisor
- Excellent time management skills
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
This position does not require any supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.