Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
This 12-month position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Center for Professional Pathways CPP. Responsible for managing the Center's operating budget, data, and internal operations, the Administrative Support Specialist will be the primary point of contact for students, employers, staff, and faculty. Additionally, the Administrative Support Specialist will contribute to the CPP team by executing employer engagement and recruitment events on and off campus, and will collaborate on the publicity/posting of internship and employment opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance in budget planning, strategic planning, goal setting, etc; document income and expenses
- Manage student data by using College databases and internal systems i.e. use of CPP services, job-offer data, internship acceptances, hiring results in various majors, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate outreach to strategic partners on-and-off campus faculty, staff, employer partners by using email, social media, and other forms of communication
- Compile and report data on employer engagement activities, coordinate assessment of CPP programming, and solicit/provide feedback on effectiveness of CPP initiatives
- Participate in career development programs coordinated by CPP, including but not limited to workshops, employer seminars, meetings within and outside of CPP, and other special projects as assigned
- Responsible for all written correspondence between the Center for Professional Pathways recruiting program and employers and students, including the dissemination of employer information
- Submit student information to employers and follow up with recruiters to establish and confirm interview schedules, and to communicate selection results with students
- Interview, train, and supervise student employees
- Establish and maintain detailed database of corporate contacts, company interview dates, visits, and cancellations
- Compile statistical information for CPP annual reports. Records and reports interview statistics and other annual calculations
- Assist the Associate Dean with current and potential corporate donors to ensure financial support
- Compile and oversee data collection used for annual reports, such as the First Destination Survey and graduate outcomes
- Responsible for technology that supports the online registration of employers and interview selection process
- Bachelor's Degree in education, human services, business, or liberal arts is required
- A minimum of two years of experience working in college environment related to career development or advising
- Experience with event planning, project management, and budget management
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior ability to multitask and manage strategic priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with key stakeholders and constituent groups and foster a spirit of engagement
- Effective oral and written communication skills
This position does not require any supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.
As a condition of employment, Washington & Jefferson College requires all staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Prior or upon commencement of employment, new hires must provide proof of their vaccination or have an approved exemption.
For more information on our COVID-19 vaccination policy, click here.