Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Alumni & Student Philanthropy Specialist is part of the Office of Development & Alumni Engagement Office at Washington & Jefferson College, reporting to the Associate Director, Alumni Engagement. The Alumni & Student Philanthropy Specialist is a full-time, administrative position serving as an integral part of the College's continuing growth of the alumni volunteer program. This individual will be responsible for the overarching leadership, strategy, development, and delivery of volunteer management and stewardship across the alumni volunteer program, as well as alumni and student programming initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the liaison to PrezProjects, W&J's crowdfunding platform, to build and launch micro-campaigns in support of W&J departments and offices.
- Serve as the College liaison for the annual Day of Giving, building a program for students and alumni to support the day.
- Serves as the departmental liaison to the campus community for the alumni volunteer program, including, but not limited to, the following departments and offices: Professional Pathways, admission, student life, athletics, and academic departments
- Manages the Regional Chapter Program, identifying and recruiting volunteers, serving as the alumni engagement liaison, and researching locations for additional chapters.
- Meets with Pittsburgh-area young alumni to garner feedback, reintroduce them to the College, and promote the College.
- Develops the strategy for the recruitment and retention of volunteers, including the design and implementation of training and role descriptions, as well as delivery of stewardship activities and events to engage current and past volunteers
- Manages the oversight of volunteer thank you emails and the promotion of alumni programming while partnering with the development and alumni communications team.
- Manages strategy and execution of programming for key affinity alumni groups, including class reunions
- Oversees alumni-student programming, including alumni-student networking events and collaborating with the campus community on additional programming.
- Assist at alumni, student and donor events as needed, including nights and weekends
- Keep active on industry trends, benchmarks and best practices
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Travels and works nights and weekends as required.
- Bachelor's degree required, with preference given to graduates of Washington & Jefferson College
- One to two years of professional experience or internship experience ideally in higher education
- Demonstrated skills in clear and effective communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with multichannel fundraising and/or grassroots marketing techniques
- Detail oriented with an ability to adapt in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and projects while ensuring high-quality products are delivered by an established deadline
- Ability to be efficient and work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in professional group settings and team environments
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.