Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
Serve as federal aid program coordinator for Washington & Jefferson College, process financial aid for students, deliver quality customer service to students and families and manage both the federal and private loan programs. As a member of the Enrollment Team with a student-centered customer service approach, enrolls and retains students while staying focused to meet annual goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in financial aid processing, including evaluating financial aid applications, performing verification and awarding financial aid based on federal regulations and institutional awarding policy.
- Serve as a contact for students and families in regard to the financial aid process, available aid programs and payment options. Counsel families in person and over the phone, effectively addressing their questions and concerns.
- Manage the Federal Direct Loan programs, including awarding, origination, disbursement and reconciliation of funding. Ensure compliance with all federal regulations in regard to loan processing.
- Provide loan histories and exit counseling to students to ensure understanding of their debt level, repayment, forgiveness, forbearance and deferment options. Utilize information from federal loan servicers and the NSLDS database to establish default prevention strategies.
- Manage all aspects of the private loan process from certification to disbursement of funds. Work with lender representatives to maintain a high level of knowledge of private loan products.
- Oversee and complete Return of Title IV calculations for students based on federal regulations.
- Manage the federal Pell grant programs, ensuring compliance with federal regulations, a seamless workflow between Colleague and required software, and on-time delivery of approximately three million dollars in grant funding.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all regulations regarding federal financial aid programs.
- Reconciliation of all Federal programs including end of year close out.
- Assist with all program reviews and audits, including A-133.
- Administer College Cohort Default Management plan
- Responsible for oversight and compilation weekly Enrollment Management reporting
- Act as the liaison for any student studying off campus, processing study abroad scholarships and consortium agreements.
- Process financial aid for summer enrollment.
- Process outside scholarship awards, revising financial aid when necessary.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Admission Office, Business Office, Residence Life, Registrar and other campus offices concerning financial aid matters.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid at various events organized by the College and local and state organizations, providing a presentation when requested. Some of these commitments may occur after regular business hours.
- Provide statistics and analysis within program areas whenever needed.
- Manage all processing for Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Unmet NEED Grant, and Pittsburgh Promise Programs.
- Additional job-related duties as required by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience working in financial aid, preferably with Federal and State Grant programs; Strong customer service background and counseling experience
- Knowledge of Ellucian Datatel Colleague student information system is highly desirable as well as Department of Education software systems; Ability to work independently, problem solve, think proactively, and interpret federal regulations and institutional awarding policies; High level of organizational skills; ability to work accurately and efficiently; Excellent communication skills required; ability to effectively speak in front of both large and small audiences; Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This position does not require supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.