Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
Under general direction, assists the Registrar, is an active member of the Academic Affairs Team, and provides appropriate and courteous service to prospective, current and former students, faculty, administration and external customers as pertains but not limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides individual and global communication between the Registrar's Office and administration, faculty and students.
- Assists the Registrar in evaluating complex academic records/credentials of current students.
- Assists Registrar with managing course and section offering data in the college computer system.
- Oversees student worker operation of transcript, enrollment and degree verification requests.
- Hires, trains and manages student workers.
- Oversees timely completion/processing of a variety of forms.
- Processes requests for transcripts online and hard copy, enrollment and degree verifications.
- Provides assistance to the Registrar and Academic Deans with development of articulation agreements to be used in the recruitment of students and the evaluating of student transfer credit.
- Oversees evaluation of transcripts received from other colleges and universities for transfer credit.
- Assists in the continued development and maintenance of on-line and automated customer services provided by the Registrar's Office.
- Assists Registrar in responding to requests for data related to student records, curriculum management and enrollment.
- Assists in the recruitment of new students, retention of current students and other tasks as requested.
- Additional job related duties as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years experience in student records, preferably in a Registrar's Office
- Experience with Colleague Ellucian preferred
- A demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- Goal and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Exceedingly well organized and flexible
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.