Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Associate Director of the Center for Professional Pathways CPP will assist the Director of the CPP in facilitating career education and exploration support to students and alumni of Washington & Jefferson College. The Center and Associate Director will provide the interface for developing and articulating NACE core career competencies as a part of an innovative four-year learning experience, guided by outstanding teaching, holistic advising, career and professional development, and mentoring.
The Associate Director offers individual career counseling, internship and job-search advising to students and alumni, developing and presenting workshops, and building positive relationships with students, employers, faculty, staff, co-curricular advisors, alumni and parents. The Associate director also serves as primary administrator of the Center's technology systems, helping in data collection, management, and reporting of the First Destination Survey. The First Destination Survey is a report on recent graduates' outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate collaborative partnerships with faculty and staff to align learning outcomes and NACE competencies
- Design and implement programming tailored to meet the needs of W&J students and alumni at all stages of career development and exploration
- Supervise a team of CPP ambassadors, student interns, and/or graduate assistants
- Co-develop inclusive programming that meets the needs of students from diverse backgrounds
- Coordinate targeted programming for graduating students Embark Program
- Assist students in clarifying academic and career goals through individual career counseling
- Administer and interpret career assessment inventories; assist students in using online career resources like Handshake, Focus2, LinkedIn, etc.
- Helps students develop and refine resume writing, interviewing, and job-searching skills; assist with recorded mock interviews
- Develop and manage digital presence, web content, internal and external web pages, and social media for the Center for Professional Pathways
- Act as liaison with IT Department and support Student Life writers and web editors as needed.
- Assist with design and data collection for the First Destination Survey - a report on recent graduates' outcomes
- Collaborate with CPP team on design & management of a file-based database management systems, including policies and procedures for data collection and management
- Develop and improve mechanisms for tracking and reporting data/statistics, both for internal and external audiences
- Assist with the updating of existing marketing materials or developing new materials aimed at informing employers about our students, programs and services.
- As designated by the associate dean, represent the Center for Professional Pathways on College committees, with area college consortia, professional conferences, and on-site sessions hosted by employers
- Serve as liaison to student groups, clubs, and organizations
- Coordinate submissions for office publications and electronic communications.
- Master's degree required - in student personnel/higher education management, counseling, education, or related field.
- A minimum of 3¬-5 years of experience working in college environment related to career development or advising
- Experience with event planning, project management, and budget management
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior ability to multitask and manage strategic priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with key stakeholders and constituent groups and foster a spirit of engagement
- Effective oral and written communication skills
No supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.