Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
Serving the Office of Development and Alumni Engagement, the Development Information Systems Specialist supports the College's fundraising and engagement efforts through database management, data reporting and analysis, and interfacing with central information technology department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity, quality and security of Washington & Jefferson College's development database Ellucian.
- Communicates regularly with development team to provide data-driven feedback and strategies about donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding.
- Creates and implements reports for departmental and college-wide use including, but not limited to fundraising reports, mailings, campaign tracking.
- Provides office's primary support for Colleague Advancement and Informer systems.
- Serves as liaison between Office of Development and Alumni Engagement and other campus departments, including College IT department.
- Develops and implements scheduled and ad hoc reporting, analyzing user needs.
- Coordinates standards to improve data accuracy and integrity.
- Coordinates and assists with data entry.
- Monitors Colleague software updates for new functionality, leading integration of new functionality.
- Serves as Office of Development and Alumni Engagement representative on campus data stewards group.
- Maintain policies, procedures, regulations and training manuals related to the use of the College's database.
- Produce reports to track progress and enhance analysis of fundraising and alumni engagement
- Bachelor's degree is required. Degree in computer science, information technology, or related study preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience in database management, preferably in higher education.
- Strong skill set in Excel report creation and manipulation.
- Understanding of fundraising and its relation to organizational mission.
- Experience in training staff on data and system usage.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Proficient in computer programming.
No supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.
As a condition of employment, Washington & Jefferson College requires all staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Prior or upon commencement of employment, new hires must provide proof of their vaccination or have an approved exemption.
For more information on our COVID-19 vaccination policy, click here.