Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College, the Director of Institutional Effectiveness works closely with the senior staff, faculty, and staff to support planning, decision-making, and assessment at the College. The Director collects, organizes, analyzes, and reports on data to relevant stakeholders and coordinates submission of data to external organizations and agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate data and communicate it effectively for the use of the college community.
- Calculate, tabulate, and submit timely and accurate submission of institutional data to IPEDS, PA state agencies, and other agencies as requested.
- Maintain official college statistical records in the Washington & Jefferson College factbook.
- Analyze data from internal college surveys as well as national level survey assessment instruments such as the Student Satisfaction, NSSE, FSSE, BCSSE, and HEDS Surveys.
- Manage the college survey policy and calendar.
- Monitor basic compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Actively participate in the College's accreditation related activities. Respond to all requests from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Support a comprehensive college-wide assessment strategy academic and administrative and plan. Maintain all college assessment records through annual reports maintained and stored in the assessment software. Oversee the purchase and use of assessment software.
- Develop and train faculty/staff on the assessment procedures and processes. Author and produce the Washington & Jefferson Faculty Assessment Manual and the Washington & Jefferson Administrative Assessment Manual.
- Oversee the electronic course evaluation system and course evaluations for all faculty. SmartEvals.
- Serve on the Data Integrity Group.
- Serve on the IRB and IACUC and write/edit policies as needed.
- A Master's degree or higher credential in a relevant field with strong data analysis skills.
- The ability to think strategically, raise relevant questions, and exercise institutional leadership with respect to overall institutional effectiveness.
- The ability to use data and assessment results to help develop institutional strategies
- Strong writing and speaking abilities.
- The ability to work well with others in diverse teams and to use appropriate discretion.
- Demonstrated experience with college accreditation procedures .
- A knowledge of and experience with external assessment instruments e.g., NSSE, CIRP, and HEDS.
- At least three years' related experience in a college or university setting.
- Teaching experience is desirable but not required.
This position does not currently have supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.