Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The head women's soccer coach is responsible for the direction and organization of the Washington & Jefferson College women's soccer program. The coach is responsible for the recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student athletes, supervision of coaching staff, practice planning, player skill/leadership development, fiscal responsibility and alumni cultivation. The coach is expected to demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and conduct becoming of the coaching profession. In addition, the coach should maintain a professional and cooperative relationship with the College's faculty, working together for the benefit of the student-athlete. The coach is expected to annually review any rule changes relative to the sport and to always adhere to all rules, regulations and policies of NCAA Division III and the Presidents' Athletic Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA Division III and Presidents' Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement game strategy and position assignments.
- Coach student-athletes, individually and in groups, demonstrate game techniques, and develop and implement game strategy and position assignments.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Prepare a schedule of contests and team activities in conjunction with the director of athletics that complies with departmental policies, goals and objectives
- Administer the sport budget in a fiscally responsible manner; submit all purchase requests to the director of athletics for prior approval. Develop program's fundraising strategies.
- Cultivate alumni associated with the program in conjunction with the office of alumni programs.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor's in business or related field preferred
- The individual must be able to maintain thorough and accurate records
- Work cooperatively with a diverse group of individuals
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills; and be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be an energetic self-starter who can work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Previous experience in a fast pace office is strongly preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement as determined by the University.
- Ability to positively interact with faculty, students, and staff members
- Excellent time management skills
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
This position is responsible for the supervision of one intern assistant coach.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.
As a condition of employment, Washington & Jefferson College requires all staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Prior or upon commencement of employment, new hires must provide proof of their vaccination or have an approved exemption.
For more information on our COVID-19 vaccination policy, click here.