Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Manager of Enrollment Technology & Data Analytics position functions as a vital member of a high performing enrollment team. Enrolling a diverse group of new students, the incumbent is the lead strategist of the Slate CRM team, while ensuring appropriate data management, efficient and effective operations, coordination of the communication flow and user training, and reporting within the CRM module.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all data integration between CRM, SIS, and other relevant systems for Enrollment division.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Enrollment, Dean of Admission, Sr. Manager of Operations, and Director of Financial Aid to ensure priorities are met with the ongoing deployment of the Slate CRM in conjunction with the SIS Colleague.
- Oversee and implement all Slate system updates and maintenance
- Support Enrollment Management initiatives on campus to include providing operational and ad-hoc reporting capabilities for data-driven decision making
- Work across campus to ensure the accuracy of reporting and promotion of a data informed environment
- Knowledge of modern statistical methods and analysis, with direct experience in researching, developing, and maintaining statistical models
- Demonstrated knowledge of Relational databases, Big Data, and associated tools SQL, PL/SQL, and Cloud hosted databases
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining, and Extract/Transform/Load ETL procedures and tools
- Proficiency with retrieving data using SQL, PL/SQL, and familiarity with data warehousing and data governance issues.
- Assist Admissions, Strategic Recruitment, Visitor Services, and Financial Aid with all data analysis and design projects
- Lead and Coordinate annual cycle prep in advance of each recruitment campaign
- Train and lead the Slate users in daily functions within the system'data entry, query and report generation, and analysis' essential to complete their responsibilities and meet their goals with great accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Develop mechanisms to help track and report metrics related to setting, forecasting, and attaining enrollment goals
- Responsible for building and distributing all enrollment-related reports using Slate and Colleague.
- Serve as division expert regarding data tracking and important metrics for our enrollment success.
- Model leadership skills for the undergraduate recruitment team and entire enrollment division that creates a culture of creativity and accountability
- Demonstrate technical expertise regarding data models, data mining, and Extract/Transform/Load ETL procedures and tools
- Oversee and manage the data transfers between Colleague SIS, Slate CRM, Front Rush, and other systems
- Serve as a member of the Data Integrity Group DIG and other committees relevant to enrollment technology
- Liaison to ITS division on campus for entire enrollment division
- Assist with building and maintaining queries in Slate for various initiatives, including but not limited to deliver mailings, counselor and student call team contacts, campus visits, and decision creation.
- Manage decision letter mail merge processing, upload, and release of Admission, Merit Scholarship, and Financial Aid offer decisions.
- Create and maintain queries and reports for data audit purposes. Update data when necessary for audit purposes.
- Manage creation and maintenance of Slate forms for events, request info, and other enrollment needs. Manage language placement form process in conjunction with campus constituents.
- Create fields, prompts, templates, and interactions in Slate CRM as needed.
- Represent W&J at relevant conferences and seminars
- Maintain current knowledge of Slate new feature releases, as well as technology, operational efficiencies, and student recruitment trends in higher education
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- A propensity for detail, strong analytical skills and problem-solving experience
- Ability to be efficient and work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in a group setting, organize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive business relationships with others
A thorough knowledge of student recruitment trends along with the ability to apply and measure best practices via technology: must have excellent written and oral communication skills; desire to work in a student-centered and team-oriented creative environment; and a willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
The position does not require managing other employees.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.