Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Campus Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors at special events, particularly sporting events, and protecting campus property. The position requires the ability to work evenings as well as weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors sporting and special events to ensure the lawful and appropriate conduct of spectators and visitors and to protect their welfare by providing a uniformed presence at these events.
- Secures facilities, buildings and property and responds to calls requesting assistance, escorts and calls of disturbances.
- Acts as first responder and seeks medical and EMS assistance when necessary.
- Requests sworn officers and supports and assists sworn officers when necessary.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Must have clean driving record and be legally permitted to drive in the state of PA.
- One year experience in a security related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-awareness in order to control stressful and emotional situations and to detain or subdue potentially dangerous individuals.
- Must convey a positive, pleasant and helpful attitude as a representative of the College.
- High school graduation or the equivalent is required.
- Current first aid/CPR card preferred.
- Must be able to make rapid and accurate decisions during emergency situations.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Stand or walk constantly for up to an entire shift on various surfaces tile, concrete, carpet.
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of eyes correctable vision to normal level required to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Ability to pass physical examination by a certified physician.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.