Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Senior Major Gift Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni and friends who are major gift donors and prospects for W&J. The Senior Major Gift Officer will manage the solicitation of gifts from prospective donors rated $25,000 and higher. The officer will be expected to bring sustained fundraising efficiency and results while managing a portfolio of approximately 250 prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing solicitation tracks and strategies for each prospect.
- Ensuring regular and systematic contact through all means of communication.
- Include recruiting and motivating volunteers for cultivation, solicitation, and special programming.
- Required to travel extensively to assigned regions nationwide.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible fundraising experience in higher education or related field required.
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising success.
- Must be able to work independently within a team as well as collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the common goals for donors and W&J.
- Be flexible, confident, professional, and enthusiastic.
- Be self-motivated with a high ethical standard.
- Results-oriented with excellent prospect management skills.
- Able to travel extensively.
- Must have computer literacy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This role does not require supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.