Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
Assists Bursar in all duties required to support the student receivable accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision, performs general accounting duties in the following areas:
- Cashiering: Receives and records monies from students, staff, organizations, tenants; make daily cash deposits; reconciles daily cash receipts to cash reports; posts student receipts to student accounts.
- Accounts Receivable: Maintains all transactions on student accounts, including charges for tuition, fees, room and board, loan payments, cash payments, financial aid transmittals, etc; participating in all collection efforts including letters, phone calls, etc.; answering questions about student accounts from students and parents.
- General Accounting: Maintaining petty cash, administration of student health insurance plan, assists the Bursar with year-end audit requirement.
- Processing of any online payments including jcash.
- Campus Store and Athletic processing of deposits.
- Works with other departments to add misc. charges to student accounts i.e. Parking/Library fines, room damages.
- HS Diploma required
- Associates Degree in Business preferred
- Minimum of two years of job-related experience in accounting/financial bookkeeping operations.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and business software required.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
This position does not require supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.