Abernathy Field Station (AFS) is a 57-acre parcel of land located conveniently just five miles from campus. This ideal outdoor classroom encompasses many different ecosystems including mixed deciduous forest, a stand of conifers, several springseeps, two larger perennial streams, a wetland, and a mowed field. These habitats support diverse assemblages of birds, salamanders, fishes, small …
The gymnasium, originally built in 1970, is a state-of-the art facility with 1,000 new bleacher-style seats, a refurbished floor, HVAC, and offices for the athletic director and sports information director.
New Residence Hall, or New Res, offers a suite-style living option primarily for students in their junior and senior years.
Home to the Commons Cafe, X’Prez’O, and a variety of campus meeting spaces, the Commons truly is a common space for the W&J College Community.
The Hub is a center for student life and activities at Washington & Jefferson College.
Rossin Campus Center is, as the name suggests, a center of campus life. It holds the campus store, meeting rooms, and many campus offices and services.
McMillan Hall, built in 1793, is the oldest building on campus. In fact, it’s the eighth oldest academic building in the United States. At one point it served as the only building for what was then known as Washington Academy. McMillan Hall is named after college founder and Presbyterian missionary John McMillan and in 1977, it …
Built in 1905, Thompson Hall served as the first unified library of W&J. It is adorned on the outside with Memorial Library and the names of many historical and literary figures. Thompson Hall currently houses the offices of the Registrar, Academic Affairs, Business and Finance, and Human Resources and is located adjacent to Old Main.
The Department of Campus & Public Safety is located in part of historic Old Main, facing the Rossin Campus Center.
The Barron P. McCune Alumni House is another Victorian-style home that the College acquired in 1989. Prior to becoming the Alumni House, it was used as an upper-classmen living residence. It now houses the Alumni Engagement Office. Many of the original elements of the house survive today, including the mahogany-paneled study room and the walnut-paneled …