McMillan Hall, built in 1793, is the oldest building on campus. In fact, it’s the eighth oldest academic building in the United States. At one point it served as the only building for what was then known as Washington Academy. McMillan Hall is named after college founder and Presbyterian missionary John McMillan and in 1977, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, it is home to the President’s Office, Office of Communications, and members of the Alumni and Development offices.