The Washington & Jefferson College Campus Store, located in the Rossin Campus Center, offers a variety of services for W&J students, such as check cashing, postage stamps, and more. It's also the hub for textbook buying and selling, and the place to get all your Presidents merchandise and memorabilia!
Reopening Plans & Procedures
This checklist represents guidance from the Office of Communication and Marketing and the COVID-19 Response team, in accordance with CDC Guidelines and National Retail Federation Best Practices for the reopening of the W&J College Campus Store. The W&J College Campus Store is focused on providing excellence in customer service to our fellow W&J faculty, staff, and students. As such, we are adopting the CDC guidelines and retail best practices in establishing as safe an environment as possible for visitors. This includes:
- All customers are required to wear masks.
- If someone forgets a mask, a disposable one will be provided. We will politely ask customers to leave the store if they refuse to wear a mask per W&J Community guidelines.
- One-way designated entrance and exit.
- These will be identified with floor signage and Stanchions.
- A member of the staff will need to remain on the floor to monitor traffic. If a staff member needs to leave the common area, they should notify the Campus Store Manager.
- A limited number of guests.
- This number is currently 25.
- Social Distancing
- Markers will be placed both inside and outside of the Campus Store to identify six-feet separation.
- Plexiglass shields at the checkout counters.
- Counters should be wiped down after each transaction.
- MBS has provided instructions for the appropriate cleaning of the registers and touchpads.
- It is highly recommended that we do not require signatures for credit/debit card purchases.
- Increased cleanliness.
- Check-out counters, displays, drink refrigerators, and other high-touch areas will be cleaned frequently.
- The Store may close for 30 minutes from 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. if there has been a lot of retail traffic to allow for additional cleaning.
- The Campus Store hours will be 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to allow for cleaning prior to opening and prior to closing.
- Fitting Rooms
- The Fitting Room will be closed and trying on clothes will not be permitted. All items may be returned in accordance with the W&J College policy.
- Any returned merchandise will not be replaced on the floor for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Clothing may not be tried on while in the public space. We will have designated signage so that customers are aware of this.
- Curbside Delivery
- If a customer should request curbside delivery, the Campus Store will accommodate this request. The staff will work with the customer to establish the time of pickup and the staff member can deliver the customers' purchase.
- For curbside pickup, customers are asked to pull into the Rossin Center Drop-Off (directly off of Lincoln Street and call 724.229.5115 when they arrive. A Campus Store Representative will then bring out your order through contactless delivery. If ordering online please choose in-store pick up for the shipping option to utilize curbside pickup.
Textbook Sales are Now Online
Through a partnership with textbook vendor BNC Virtual, textbook sales at W&J are online.
This system gives students purchasing options from multiple vendors and potential savings of up to 95 percent. Digital content will also be accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device. Additionally, through BNC Virtual, you will have guaranteed buyback, with an online buyback option, and the ability to see a buyback amount before purchase.
All major credit cards are accepted, in addition to PayPal, Jaycash, and W&J Gift Cards.
Course packs, lab manuals, and other course-specific supplies (such as goggles and art supplies) are still available in the store.
Even though we aren't on campus, you can still get money for your books. The Campus Store has partnered with MBS Textbooks Exchange, the nation's largest textbook wholesaler, to offer you the best prices for your used books.
- Go to your BNC Virtual online account and select Sell Textbooks at the bottom of the page.
- Log in to your account.
- Find and add the books you want to sell by searching your purchase history or entering your ISBN numbers.
- Print your packing list and the free pre-paid shipping label that will be sent to you as an email link once you finalize your quote.
- Pack and send your books free of charge using the pre-paid shipping label. Once your books are received, you will be paid via PayPal or check within 3 weeks.
You can also find detailed instructions in this step-by-step buyback guide (PDF).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.