April 8, 2021
How many goodly creatures are there here! How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world, That has such people in it!”
Thought to be Shakespeare’s final play, The Tempest tells the story of a man who has grown bitter and weary having been isolated for a long time on a remote island… sound relatable?
Prospero and his young daughter Miranda were marooned after his dukedom was usurped by his brother with the help of the King of Naples. Now, twelve years later, a supernatural storm at sea has delivered his enemies to his island. The Elizabethan concept of “justice” was more about revenge – yet, this is ultimately a tale of acceptance, forgiveness, and moving forward. Let’s hope we will experience it live, in the theatre, together.
The link will be “live” starting at 7:30 on show nights. Watch here.
- PROSPERO, the rightful Duke of Milan – Sam Welshons
- ANTONIO, Prospero’s brother, the usurping Duke of Milan – Chris Sonnenberg
- MIRANDA, daughter to Prospero – Victoria McKeehan
- ARIEL, an airy Spirit, servant to Prospero – Sam Kramer
- CALIBAN, an inhabitant of the island, servant to Prospero – Lauren Phillips
- ALONSO, King of Naples – Theresa Kinkley
- FERDINAND, son to the King of Naples – Rowan Angstadt
- SEBASTIAN, Alonso’s brother – Hannah Tallerico
- GONZALO, an honest Counsellor, friend of Prospero – Sarah Royds
- STEPHANO, the King’s drunken Butler– Lillien Shaer
- TRINCULO, a Jester – Anna Bouchard
- Stage Manager/Student Director/Boatswain – Nathan Walter