The following scholarships are provided by various local and national organizations for students who are entering or are already enrolled in college. These scholarships are not affiliated with Washington & Jefferson College but are available to W&J students. Additional details, applications guidelines, and contact information for each individual scholarship is provided in the hyperlinks below.
$500 to $999
Ehline American Military Vets Scholarship (Awarded annually. Deadline: Oct. 1)
- Mr Maid Residential and Commercial Cleaning $500 Essay Scholarship - The Mr. Maid Scholarship is offered to all students who are currently enrolled in a college located in the United States. The scholarship is open to all areas of study but the student must apply for the scholarship before the deadline to be eligible to win. Only one essay per student. For more information, click here.
$1,000 to $2,999
Association for Bridge Construction and Design Pittsburgh Chapter The Pittsburgh Chapter of the Association for Bridge Construction and Design is awarding two $1,000 scholarships to two full-time students who are sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate students or graduate students. Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Presbyterian Scholarship Fund Financial need must be demonstrated and is determined by the Office of Financial Aid. Contact Financial Aid for an application. The office is located on the third floor of Admission House or email email@example.com.
- James "Rhio" O'Connor Memorial Scholarship Fund (Awarded monthly ten times per year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for deadlines and rules)
- SmileTutor Quarterly Scholarship (Awarded four times per year. Deadlines: March 31, June 30, Sept. 30, and Dec. 31)
- The PNC Education Loan Center Achiever Scholarship (Awarded twice a year. Deadlines: June 1 and Dec. 1)
Fundera College Scholarship (Awarded twice a year. Deadlines: Jan. 1 and June 1)
$3,000 to $4,999
- MigVapor Scholarship (Awarded twice a year. Deadlines: Nov. 1 and May 31)
- Many credit unions offer scholarships to their members. Check with your local credit union to see if there are any scholarship opportunities available.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid for Minority Students
- Financial Aid for Hispanic Students
- College Scholarships for Black Students
- The United States Air Force offers a scholarship programs for students planning to pursue medical and dental school. Students interested in the Air Force Health Professions Scholarship for dental school should contact Sergeant John Johnson at email@example.com. Students interested in the Air Force Health Professions Scholarship for medical school should contact Master Sergeant Thaddeus Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Community Foundation of Greene County, Pa., provides a number of post-secondary scholarships and financial awards. For more information, please contact the foundation office at 724-627-2010 or email at email@example.com.
- StudentScholarships.org is a website with many scholarships available for students. Visit their site for more information.
- Scholarshipguidance.com is a website with many scholarships available for students. Visit their site for more information.
- Kids Chance of Pennsylvania is offering scholarships to children of injured workers who meet the criteria for Pennsylvania's Worker's Compensation Act. Visit their site for further information and guidelines.
- The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is the nation's largest non-profit organization supporting Hispanic higher education. Visit their website for scholarship opportunities and application information. Making College Affordable: An Online Guide for Hispanic Students is another resource for students to find scholarships and general information on paying for college.
- The Washington County Community Foundation is home to more than 30 permanent scholarships. Many scholarships target students graduating from specific high schools, some for specific areas of study and others for financial need. Each scholarship is unique according to its donor's wishes. All scholarships are listed on this site as well as the links to apply. Applicants must be a resident of the Washington County area.
- The Pittsburgh Foundation will help you find scholarships to suit your needs. There are a variety of scholarships based on fields of study, residency and interests.
- Ayn Rand has several essay contests on a variety of subjects that award scholarship money.
- Many scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students from The Institute for Humane Studies, which also offers fellowships for Graduate students. Graduate school application fees and other expenses can also be covered through The Hayek Fund. View these websites for more information.
- FinAid!, ScienceNET, Scholarship America, College-scholarships.com, scholarshipguidance, schoolsoup, bigfuture, ScholarshipExperts.com, CollegeXpress and StudentScholarships.org are search engines with many scholarships and grants listed.
- AES Engineering Solutions has several scholarships available on their website. Visit their site for more information.
- The Horatio Alger Honeywell Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students pursuing a degree in a STEM field who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. For more information please visit their website.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) SMART Scholarship Program is an opportunity for students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in STEM disciplines to receive a full scholarship and be gainfully employed by the Department of Defense upon degree completion. For more information please visit their website.
- The Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities offers renewable scholarships of up to $2,500 for full-time students with disabilities and up to $1,250 for half-time students with disabilities. For more information please visit their website.