First Year Seminar is a course designed especially for new students at W&J. First Year Seminars are small, innovative courses on unique topics – FYS courses build up your college skills while also including hands-on experiences and activities. The structure offers support to help you adjust and succeed: your FYS instructor is also your academic advisor, and a dedicated peer mentor will work with your class. Through FYS mentoring and advising, you’ll learn about campus resources and opportunities that will help you succeed for the next four years.
In your First Year Seminar, you can count on:
- A course on an innovative topic.
- Experiential learning and activities in a small class environment.
- A dedicated academic advisor who is also your FYS instructor.
- A peer mentor (LINK mentor) who is an accomplished upper-level student.
- Opportunities to build up foundational college skills.
- Opportunities to learn about campus resources.
FYS Course Listing
As you work to complete your course interest form, you will need to idenify five FYS courses that you are interested in taking. Review the course listing at the link below to determine which courses are the best fit for you.