Paying for a college education can be challenging and even stressful at times. At W&J we understand and want to provide you with as much information as possible concerning financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Please explore the links below for more information. In addition, W&J has an interest free tuition payment plan to help families spread their payments over several months.
Department of Education: Student Financial Assistance:
FAFSA on the Web:
Paying for College:
Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency/American Education Services:
The Guide to Federal Student Aid (PDF) is published by the U.S. Department of Education and explains the application process and financial aid programs available to families.
Additional Websites of Interest:
- RaiseMe: W&J has partnered with RaiseMe to offer micro-scholarships that recognize your achievements as you progress through high school, allowing you to start earning money for college before you even apply. You can earn up to $18,200 per year, and the amount you earn on RaiseMe from W&J will be your guaranteed minimum amount of institutional aid - you may receive even more in your scholarship or financial aid package once we review your completed application for admission. The senior earning deadline on RaiseMe is September 1. So if you are a senior, be sure to complete your RaiseMe profile by that date to lock in your earnings from W&J. Register for free at raise.me/join/washington-and-jefferson.
- NEED (Negro Educational Emergency Drive)
- Independent 529 Plan: This is a new way to pay for a child's future education costs and is more of a long term investment.
- Studentaid.gov: This website is designed for students by students featuring first-person accounts of students who overcame challenges to go to college such as peer pressure, lack of family support, and financial barriers. It provides information about why to go, how to go, and how to pay for college.
- W&J Net Price Calculator: In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), W&J created a net price calculator to assist prospective students and families with planning for college. This instrument uses institutional data to provide an estimated net price that is tailored to a student's individual circumstances. Please note that the net price provided is based on estimated scholarship and grant awards only. Other financial aid is available in the form of loans and student employment to help offset costs. Students are encouraged to be as accurate and thorough in their answers as possible and to complete the form in its entirety.
GRE Fee Reduction Certificate - If you will be taking the GRE, contact Christine Shaffer ( firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Financial Aid to see if you are eligible