Keun Jae Park, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Business/Finance and Coordinator of the Finance Program
Academic Program: Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business Administration, Marketing, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Entrepreneurship
Keun Jae (Jae) Park is an associate professor and a director of the Finance program in the Department of Business. Dr. Park’s academic and research interests include empirical corporate finance, corporate governance, corporate innovation, international investment, political uncertainty, and pension plans.
He currently teaches FIN 341 (Principles of Finance), FIN 342 (Investments and Portfolio Theory), FIN 446 (Security Analysis and Valuation), and FIN 498 (Finance Seminar).
- “Do Co-opted Directors Influence Corporate Risk-taking and Credit Ratings?” (with Pornsit Jiraporn, Sang Mook Lee, Young Sang Kim), 2021 • The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 79
- “R&D Spending and Stock Returns: Evidence from South Korea” (with Young Sik Kim), July 2020 • Asian Economic and Financial Review, 10:6
- “The Impact of North Korea Threats on Stock Return Volatility” (with Young Sik Kim), 2019 • International Journal of Korean Unification Studies, 28:2
- “A Media-Based Measure of Geopolitical Risk and Trading Patterns of Foreign and Domestic Investors: Evidence from Korea” (with Young Sik Kim and Oh Byeong Kwon), 2019 • Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 48:2
- “Material Weaknesses in Internal Control in Relation to Derivatives and Hedge Accounting” (with Sang Mook Lee, HakJoon Song, Li Wang,), 2018 • Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, 29:3
- “How Do Independent Directors Influence Innovation Productivity? A Qausi-natural Experiment" (with Pornsit Jiraporn, Sang Mook Lee, HakJoon Song), 2017 • Applied Economics Letters: Incorporating Applied Financial Economics, 25:7