The Business Administration program of the Department of Economics & Business provides students with the opportunity to develop fundamental knowledge in economics, accounting, finance, marketing, and management—disciplines essential to a career in management. Within the college’s liberal arts environment, the program develops competency in business management while stressing critical thinking and analysis, as well as technology, writing and oral communication skills. Washington & Jefferson College offers students practical experience as part of the Small Business Center.
Students can personalize and focus their studies with emphases in entrepreneurship, accounting, finance, marketing, operations analytics, human resource management and international business. Learn more about these emphases in thee W&J Course Catalog.
Beyond the Classroom
Students have a wide array of opportunities for research, internships, conferences, and networking beyond the classroom that give them an advantage to prepare for life after W&J.
Firms/organizations providing recent internships include:
- Northwestern Mutual
- Nova Biostorage
- Northwest Savings Bank
Initial positions of recent graduates include:
- Northwestern Mutual - Financial Advisor
- ALDI - Management Trainee
- New York Life - Associate
- Dun & Bradstreet - Credit Advisor
- Comcast - Business Analyst
- BNY Mellon - Trade Support Specialist
Postgraduate programs pursued by recent graduates include:
- University of Pittsburgh College of Law
- American University College of Law
- West Virginia University College of Law Carnegie Mellon University,
- MS Public Policy & Management
- Duquesne University, MBA