This interdisciplinary program prepares you to write accurate, clear, non-academic prose for a variety of audiences and situations. It teaches you how to research and analyze a wide range of topics, manage social media for professional purposes, and write and design readable, compelling documents, both in print and online. Because technology has become central to professional writing and publishing, the program is designed to encourage facility with a range of platforms and applications.
Beyond the Classroom
Students have a wide array of opportunities for research, internships, conferences, and networking beyond the classroom that give them an advantage to prepare for life after W&J.
- Internship, Brandt Street Press
- Internship, Duncan & Miller Glass Museum
- Internship, Main Street Farmer’s Market
- Internship, Questeq
- Internship, Washington Co. Historical Society
- Editorship, Red & Black
- Editorship, Wooden Tooth Review
- Marketing and communications specialist
- Social media manager
- Technical writer