Sociology prepares you to investigate and navigate the social world. The Sociology Department provides academic experiences within and outside of the classroom for both sociology majors and those students taking sociology courses as core requirements and/ or electives. The sociology curriculum lays the foundation for doing research in sociology, and prepares students to continue their studies at the graduate level, or to pursue careers in numerous other fields.
Beyond the Classroom
Students have a wide array of opportunities for research, internships, conferences, and networking beyond the classroom that give them an advantage to prepare for life after W&J.
Recent Student Research
- “Effects of Religiosity and Moral Communities on Undergraduate Students’ Binge Drinking Habits”
- “Sex Trafficking in the United States: Exploitation of Minorities”
- “Behind the Opioid Crisis: Cartels, Medical Doctors and Corporate Executives”
Recent Graduates Are
- Pursuing an MS in Healthcare Management & Policy at Carnegie Mellon University
- Pursuing an MS in Exercise Science at California University
- Pursuing an MS/PhD in Counseling at Chatham University
- MSW drug & alcohol counselor