We want to make your returns and refunds as easy and fast as possible. Our return policies vary by item ordered so please review below. Here are some general details:
- Print textbooks/course materials purchased directly from MBS Direct must be returned within 2 weeks after class start date or within 21 days of date shipped, whichever is later.
- Non-activated eBooks, digital content, and access codes can be returned within 14 days after class start date or within 14 days of purchase, whichever is later.
- NOTE: Digital content such as access codes, eBooks, etc. are non-returnable once accessed, activated, downloaded, or revealed. No exceptions.
- Apple iBooks are not eligible for a return or refund at any time. All sales are final.
- Rental books must be returned for refund within 14 days of purchase.
- Marketplace items must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- New course materials must be returned in new, unopened condition in order to receive a full refund.
- All components of a packaged item must be returned together, unopened, and in the original shrink-wrap to receive credit. All components of an item must come back in the same shipment to receive credit.
- Loose-leaf items must be in the original shrink-wrap.
- CDs, DVDs, software, access codes, study guides, Info Trac pass codes (internet pass codes included with your textbook) and other supplemental components originally included with a book or sold alone must be intact, in the original packaging or it will be non-refundable.
- Books damaged in shipping may not be eligible for full refund.
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable and we do not pay for shipping on returns. However, for your convenience, we do offer the option of pre-paid UPS shipping. Please look for this option during the return checkout process. Pre-paid shipping costs are based on weight and location.
Shipping & Packing Guidelines for Returns
- Print out a copy of your invoice/packing slip and include it with your return. Keep a copy for yourself.
- If you chose the pre-paid UPS return shipping option, print your shipping label. Otherwise you can use UPS Ground (keep your tracking number), insured USPS mail, or the shipping service of your choice.
- NOTE: Postage on returns is not refundable; only the item cost is refundable.
- Pack your return in a strong, sturdy box suitable for shipping. Fill the empty spaces with clean filler. If newspaper is used as the filler, be aware that print ink may degrade the condition of new textbooks to a used condition.
- Tape the box securely using shipping tape and attach the address label to the top of the box. Make sure there is only one label on the box you are using. If you are reusing a box, remove markings and labels.
Terms of Refund
- Your credit will be issued in the same manner the payment was originally made. Please allow 2 weeks for processing time.
- Original shipping costs and costs to send back a return are non-refundable.
- Any course materials received outside of the returns time period will be processed as a buyback. If processed as a buyback, you will receive current buyback value. If the item has no buyback value, you will receive notification in the form of a letter or email. You have one week from that notification to request that items with no value be returned to you. A replacement copy can be shipped at your expense. You may not receive the same copy you returned.
Buyback services are provided by MBS Service Company, Inc (MBS).Returning eBooks and access codes: As long your digital item has not been accessed, activated, revealed, or otherwise redeemed, you can return it within 14 days of the purchase date or 14 days after the class start date, whichever is later. Digital content - such as access codes, online labs, and eBooks - are non-returnable once accessed, activated, downloaded, redeemed, or revealed. No exceptions.
Apple iBooks are not eligible for a return or refund at any time. All sales are final.
Returning a Rental Book: Rentals must be returned for refund within 14 days. Please visit the Rental FAQs for more details.
Returning a Marketplace Item: Marketplace orders must be returned within 30 days. Please visit the Marketplace FAQsfor more details.
Can I cancel my order for a refund?
Because we work hard to get your order out quickly, we unfortunately can't change or cancel the order once it's been placed. We do make the return process easy and you can find directions on how to return eligible orders in returns above.
What is the address for returns?
The address for returning items (not including rentals or Marketplace items) is:
MBS Direct Returns
[Your Order # Here]
2711 West Ash St.
Columbia, MO 65203Please be sure to note your order # on line 2 of the shipping address and include a packing slip with your items so it is properly processed and credited.
For rentals, please log in to your account and go to the rentals section and use the pre-paid UPS label to return your book.
For Marketplace items, please contact the seller directly to return. You can find the seller's contact information in your order confirmation email.
What if I'm past the return period?The best thing to do is see if your books have buyback value. Go to the main menu and click "Sell Your Textbooks" to find out the current buyback value of your materials.
What if I'm past the return period?The best thing to do is see if your books have buyback value. Go to the main menu and click "Sell Your Textbooks" to find out the current buyback value of your materials.Buyback services are provided by MBS Service Company, Inc (MBS).
How will I be credited for my return?Your credit will be issued in the same manner the payment was originally made. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing time.If your order was purchased with your financial aid or with a book voucher, the credit will be made to your financial aid or book voucher account. If you have questions about your SFA/voucher funds, please contact the financial aid department directly.
How long will it take to receive credit for my returns?Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing once the return shipment has been received.