Students are eligible to join a sorority after completing one semester at W&J and earning a GPA that meets the requirement of the chapter they wish to join (GPA requirements vary for each chapter, but no student may join a sorority if her cumulative GPA is below a 2.50).
Individual Chapter Requirements
- Delta Gamma: Must have a 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA to join
- Kappa Alpha Theta: Must have a 2.80 or higher cumulative GPA to join
- Kappa Kappa Gamma: Must have a 2.70 or higher cumulative GPA to join
- Pi Beta Phi: Must have a 2.70 or higher cumulative GPA to join
The 2020-2021 recruitment dates are February 24-28, 2021. Recruitment registration must be completed by February 12.
There is a $25 fee which includes a long sleeved t-shirt and registration fee for the online recruitment software.
All women interested in going through the recruitment process must register HERE
- Anyone not registered may not participate in the Sorority Recruitment Process
- Once you have registered you will receive a welcome email from your recruitment counselor. Included in that email will be detailed information about the Formal Recruitment process.
- The first night of recruitment is an informational session. During this session you will learn more about Sorority Life and the 4 chapters we have at W&J.
- Night two is an open house. You will visit all 4 chapters and learn about their philanthropy. At the end of the evening you will create your preference list and rank, in order, the chapters you wish to visit again.
- Night three is sisterhood night. You may be invited back up to three houses. This evening the chapter will talk to you about their sisterhood and what makes their chapter unique. Like night two you will return and create your preference list of the chapters you visited that evening.
- Night four is preference night and you may be invited back up to two houses. This evening chapters will show potential new members the serious side of the chapter with a ceremony. At the end of the evening you will complete your Membership Binding Agreement Form. This form is a binding contract. On the form you will list the chapters you are willing to accept a bid to. Please note you will only be able to list chapters whose previous events you attended that evening.
- Bid Matching will take place that evening with the Coordinator of Fraternity & Sorority Life and a member of the National Panhellenic Council.
- You will be called if you do not match with a chapter.
- Please note that if you receive an invitation to join a chapter you will only receive one.
- On Bid Day you will arrive at the Old Main Chapel and receive your bid. You will need to accept and once you do you will complete new member paperwork with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- If you choose not to accept your bid from the chapter who has offered one to you, you may not join another sorority until the following spring semester.
For more information regarding recruitment, please contact us at FSL@washjeff.edu.