2020-2021 RA Selection
Interested in Being an RA?
Each year Residence Life recruits students to be Resident Assistants (RAs) in residential communities across campus. RAs are leaders, continuous learners, and role models for other students. An ideal RA candidate has a solid academic foundation, enjoys engaging with other students, upholds the college values, and is eager for a developmental leadership opportunity.
RA Job Description
At the link below is a sample RA job description. As revisions are made each year in an effort to continuously improve the position and to better respond to the needs of residents on campus, the final description may vary. This sample description will give you an idea of the responsibilities of an RA are.
These sessions will recap the Resident Assistant Selection process. Key points in the job description will be highlighted and a panel of current RAs will be available to ask any questions pertaining to the role. PLEASE NOTE: These session are NOT mandatory and will go over the same information at each session.
Dates: Time: Location:
November 19th 8PM- 9PM Burnett 103
December 4th 8PM- 9PM Burnett 103
January 28th 8PM- 9PM Burnett 103
- Tuesday, November 19th- 1st RA Information Session @8PM Burnett 103
- First Week of December - Application goes Live (specific date & time TBA)
- Wednesday, December 4th- 2nd RA Information Session @8PM Burnett 103
- Tuesday, January 28th- 3rd Information Session @8PM Burnett 103
- Friday, January 31st- Applications & References Due by 11:59PM
- Tuesday, February 11th & Wednesday, February 12th- Group Process Interviews
- Thursday, February 20th & Saturday, February 22nd- Individual Interviews
- Friday, February 28th- Decision Day
- Wednesday, March 4th- RA Acceptance Due @5PM
Applicants for the Resident Assistant Selection Process will only be considered for interview if the following information is obtained by Friday, January 31st at 11:59PM:
- Application *Submitted through a Qualtrics Survey online**
- Resume *Submitted in an email to email@example.com**
- Cover Letter *Submitted in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org**
- 2 References: One must be a W&J Faculty or Staff member; one must be any current RA or CA *Submitted through a Qualtrics Survey online**