Thank you for your interest in Washington & Jefferson College. All applications submitted through our online process will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries regarding whether a position has been filled or send position closing notifications to all applicants. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further.
The Assistant Director of Residence Life, Community Experience ADRL is responsible for leading the development of an intentional programmatic residential experience. This experience will serve as the foundation of a student's four-year journey at W&J. In addition, the ADRL will work to develop strategy to create a strong and self-regulating campus residential community. The ADRL will develop a broad range of programming initiatives and experiences that foster holistic student development with a strong emphasis on connection to the academic programs of the College. The ADRL will also supervise and lead the Community Coordinator Team towards these goals. The ADRL will have the ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude, communicate effectively, and manage multiple priorities. This is a live on position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- ADRL will supervise and lead the Community Coordinator Team of three professional staff members.
- Work with the Assistant Dean & Director to develop and guide the community specific programmatic experience and help guide the coordinator team towards those goals.
- Collaborate with Assistant Dean and Director and the Director of Student Engagement on the orientation program and further develop the experience by working collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Organize monthly programs and events for residential areas with the Community Coordinator Team
- Support other Student Life programming initiatives.
- Manage the paraprofessional team's selection and training process.
- Work closely with the coordinator team and other members of the college community to ensure the successful residential experience.
- Coordinates the Administrator on Call process and serves as a member of the Administrator on Call Team.
- Serves on College-wide committees as appropriate.
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience
- Experience supervising professional staff
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline is required.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Strong residential and community programming experience
- Passionate about working with College students and supporting developmental experiences.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, technical, and written communication skills with the ability to work closely with a diverse group of students.
- Proven experience in event planning, social media planning and the development of presentations and publications is helpful.
This position involves the supervision of professional staff.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information about Title IX compliance, please visit Title IX at W&J. W&J is committed to assisting all members of the W&J community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report can be found by visiting Health, Safety and Security.